It’s time to get your computer ready!
The Microsoft IT Academy (ITA) program provides a complete IT education solution that bridges the world of education with the world of work. The program is designed to help drive employ ability, digital literacy, technical and STEM-focused training and certification. In addition to boosting workforce preparedness, the ITA program also helps drive academic transition and pre-college preparation for students eager to pursue higher education by focusing on advanced technology and STEM-related subjects.
As an IT director or staff for your school, you play a valuable role in ensuring the computer labs will successfully run the ITA program. Use the links on the right as a guide to prepare your computers to use the Microsoft IT Academy in your school!
Are your computers ready?
It is recommended that you scan your lab computers to be sure they are compatible with the E-Learning. Click here to run the scan from your lab computers: http://itacademy.microsoftelearning.com/help/systemRequirements.aspx.
Microsoft IT Academy: IT Readiness Webinar
- During this session we will discuss the requirements necessary to run the software and E-Learning courses associated with IT Academy (ITA) program, the following items will be discussed in detail: Downloading and setting up the lab licenses in the classroom; identifying, communicating, and mitigating any known firewalls that prevent access to the ITA E-Learning courses; unblocking key URL’s necessary to successfully run the IT Academy E-Learning courses and identifying the Live ID identity creation process
- Recording Link: Click Here –key not required
Certiport Training for Assessment offered as you prepare to test!
Certiport has established 24 training webinars to assist Georgia high schools with establishing the high school location as a testing site. If you serve in the role of CTAE Administrator/Supervisor, System Technology Director/Coordinator, EOPA Test Site Coordinator, or program area instructor (which uses a Certiport exam), you are encouraged to participle in one of the scheduled sessions.
The training sessions will cover:
- How to get started with Certiport
- How to function as an Organization Administrator (accessing reports, printing certificates, etc.)
- How to install Certiport exam delivery engines
- How to deliver an exam
Training Dates, Times and Content:
- February 19, 2013 – 3:30 pm EST – Organization Administration
- February 22, 2013 – 3:30 pm EST – Exam Delivery
- March 12, 2013 – 3:30 pm EST – Organization Administration
- March 15, 2013 – 3:30 pm EST – Exam Delivery
- March 19, 2013 – 3:30 pm EST – Organization Administration
- March 22, 2013 – 3:30 pm EST – Exam Delivery
- April 16, 2013 – 3:30 pm EST – Organization Administration
- April 19, 2013 – 3:30 pm EST – Exam Delivery
- April 23, 2013 – 3:30 pm EST – Organization Administration
- April 26, 2013 – 3:30 pm EST – Exam Delivery
To access the training, go to the following link: http://certiport.adobeconnect.com/georgia/
Pre-registration is not required, but Certiport has requested that participants access the Georgia Training Room web link at least 10-15 minutes before the session starts.
- Enter the Georgia Training Room as a Guest
- Conference Room Number: 6456478
- Toll-Free Access Number: 1-800-832-0736
For additional information regarding the training webinars, you may contact either: